Monday, December 8, 2008

2nd to last Monday...

THE GATORS ARE GOING TO THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!

Well today is my second to last Monday here in Mauritius (yes I am aware that you can read but just wanted to reiterate) and what a ride it has been! I have had a few questions about my blog from my coworkers so I went ahead and forwarded the address to them.

On Friday I was feeling particularly antsy for the weekend to start as it was unbearably hot outside and the last place that I wanted to be was at the office. Alex and I went for lunch at the waterfront like we normally do on Fridays. I went directly home after work as everyone was getting up early on Saturday morning to go catamaraning (yes I know that this is not a verb). I got a ride from Jordana and Stevie and we were the first ones to arrive at 8:30 am. We were all a little bit worried as we hadn't seen anyone else and we didn't want to miss the boat (not in the cliche sense).

Luckily we found everybody and boarded. All of us were anxious to get started with the festivities but we were told that since we were on a boat we were each only allowed one drink per hour (we were not happy). All of that aside, we arrived at the beach at Ile au Gabriel (??) and swam and hung out for awhile. I did in fact take some pictures but was too scared to bring my camera with me when we were dropped off at the beach.

We all swam back to the boat which was anchored. When we arrived, we were all famished and had an enormous lunch on the boat. Afterwards, we danced and drank for the rest of the day.

I arrived home at around 6:15 and promptly went to lie down on my bed. Audrey woke me up at around 9 pm to eat dinner. After dinner, we relaxed in the pool for while before going to bed.

I woke up early sunday morning (around 7:30) and lazed around all day. I finished my very last book that I had with me (Angels and Demons) and took a long nap. We were supposed to go and see the sunset but it was cloudy and rainy.

It is now Monday and I am at work - I should have more stories soon!

Some little things:
-Stephanie was telling me that alot of the young guys here give themselves nicknames - the father of a friend of hers recently told everybody to call him "The Sphynx"
-Paul wants Stephanie to do a "gang chart" this weekend - I am still not clear on its exact meaning but I think it involves crunching numbers - we just had fun comparing our accents
-I felt all warm and fuzzy inside when I was told how much I was going to be missed :)
-my friend Pascal, after telling me that he and his girlfriend broke up, promptly decided to scream "I am single!!" to anyone who would listen
-I must figure out how to upload the pictures from my camera...
-when going onto the beach, we were asked "Are you all mauritian?" Being me I said "No I am not Mauritian." The guy then told me I had to pay - I said "no" absently and kept walking
-a young french girl (around 16) arrived yesterday - she is part of an exchange program and is going to school with Audrey's niece


More later...

No comments: