Friday, August 29, 2008

Oh wow

Where in the world do I begin....it feels like so much has happened in the last day or so. I left from Pittsburgh after an hour long delay and flew to NYC where I could not get anyone to help me find where I needed to go so I had to ask about 3 different people where to go in order to find the gate to go to Dubai. I had to go through security yet another time after being forced to throw away the diet coke that I had just purchased. I got on the plane for Dubai but we ended up sitting at the gate for over an hour. When we left babies started to cry like clockwork. I don't understand why people travel internationally with babies. They start to cry because they do not know how to pop their ears and end up being in extreme pain causing the rest of the passengers ridiculous headaches and sleeplessness. However, United Arab Emirates is a great airline. They provided us with eye masks, toothbrushes, and socks in case it got cold (which it did). I watched several movies and dosed in and out. After arriving in Dubai, I had to go through security yet again. I tried to shop and peruse the duty free area but I stopped after a few minutes because it was so overwhelming. Presently, I am sitting in the "Irish Pub" where I have befriended a few americans. I don't fly out again until 3 in the morning so I will be here for a few more hours. More later...

No comments: