Sunday, August 31, 2008

sunday 8/31

well last night was the first night that I actually slept well and what a difference it makes! It was quite a long day yesterday even though there wasnt much excitement. I went for another walk on the beach with Stephanie to look for shells but she showed all kinds of stuff that I have never seen before. For example, I have never found a sea urchin tentacle on the beach before but I found several along with several shells that had purple on them. I had a lunch of venison, greens, and rice yesterday and surprisingly it was pretty good. I'm really making a effort to try things I would normally not. It was kind of a lazy afternoon so I just sat around and read and watched tv. I ended up going to watch antoine and dominique play golf along with his wife. A bit of trivia for all you golf enthousiasts, the belle mare golf resort is the best outside of North America and Europe.
We went to dinner at a hotel with an excellent buffet called le touessrok. Everything there is open air and it was the perfect temperature to sit outside. The food was excellent-they had everything from chinese to pizza. We walked around a little bit afterwards on the hotel`s private island. The whole place really was a work of art.
After coming back-Antoine and I stayed in last night and watched hours and hours of french tv including CSI, Sex and the City, and My name is Earl. It was certainly an experience to watch all of these in French.
We are leaving the beach house today and going back to the other house. I start work tomorrow as well as move into my boarding house. I will try and write some more later-hope u are enjoying reading so far!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

it's soooo funny to read these things, I love it!!!!

Luxury Traveler said...

You must have great holidays at Mauritius. Great choice for Le Touessrok.