Thursday, December 11, 2008

HI CAROL!

Oh the weather outside is frightftul....but the fire is soooo delightful.....

And most of you know how the song ends. Except, there is absolutely warming oneself by a fire would not serve a purpose - if you need to be warm all you have to do is step outside. It has been raining off and on all day...

So yesterday was the first day in awhile that I had a car. It is a turbo hondo civic and has excellent pick-up - much better than the Nissan March. On the drive home yesterday I put the AC on full blast and it felt great.

I went directly to the grocery store and bought the essentials: wine, diet coke, and granola bars. I then went home and relaxed while Audrey and I chatted about nothing in particular while we waited for Emmanuel and Benjamin to get home (I have no idea how they can be at the office every day from 7 am until 8 pm - I would kill myself).

For dinner we had bacon wrapped chicken - absolutely fabulous. After everyone else went to bed, Audrey and I decided to take a dip in the pool to cool off. The water was the perfect room temperature - fantastic.

I was a bit late waking up this morning - around 7. Luckily I still got the office at a relatively normal hour. The morning was relatively uneventful.

I had lunch today with Greta, Carol, Cindy, Pamela and some of the other girls from work. I have never been around so many chicks at once since coming here - a new experience! My coworker Daniella's last day is on Monday. She is moving to Germany (where she does not speak the language) to be with her boyfriend (or as she says "mon amour").

After lunch, none of us felt like going directly back to the office so we stopped and bought lechis (a delicious fruit that I have never seen in the states). Being female, we decided to window shop and of course had to stop and look at shoes. We couldn't linger for long as we had to get back to the office.

I am feeling weary this afternoon and I hear my bed calling me all the way from Tamarin. I will be there soon enough!

Some little things:
-Carol and I were walking along today and we heard a cop telling a bum to move along (I can't be sure because the exchange took place in creole). The bum screamed at him and said "You don't know me!"
-Daniella was nice enough to say her goodbye to all of us in french today so that I could understand
-today is Bruno's birthday - I felt awful that I had forgotten but he didn't seem to mind

More later...

No comments: