Thursday, December 4, 2008

This 'n' That

Hello all-

Today is another day- I actually forgot what day it in fact was until I checked the date on my computer - THURSDAY! The weekend is almost here. Although I am excited as I have big plans that involve spending the day on a catamaran with my crazy coworkers but my 32 hour trip home is vastly approaching.

Unfortunately for those of you who enjoy reading what I have to say about living the life here in Mauritius, the stories will soon be coming to an end as I make my way back to the USA. However - I am excited that you will get to see me in the flesh (or at least speak to me on the telephone). And I am excited to see all of you as well - don't worry.

I know that my last post has to be unique - I want to go out like Jerry Seinfeld - on top and leaving you, my faithful readers, wanting more! Hopefully I can live up to my own expectations.

Anyway - the day was spent yesterday finishing wrapping and organizing presents by region. In the more than 3 months that I have been here in Mauritius, I have come to know the geography decently well. I still mess up when it comes to pronunciation which repeatedly gives Alex, Greta, and Cindy a few laughs that make the day go by faster.

I hitched a ride home with Alex yesterday and I guess that he forgot that I was in the car because he drove right past my street. Luckily, he realized when I vocalized my desire to leave the car that he had indeed made a small error.

Rosaline came over and had dinner with Audrey, Emmanuel, and I. Benjamin worked late and did not get home until around 10 pm - so he had to reheat his dinner in the microwave. I went to bed around 11 and have been at work since around 8:30. Hopefully I will have more exciting news to report in the near future....

Some little things:
-Audrey's nephew who lives next door decided to pop in for a visit - when we asked what possessed him to climb over the wall as opposed to walking through the front gate he replied that it was "more fun this way" - he is 11 afterall
-whenever i something funny (as in email) - i try to laugh as quietly as I can at my computer but I never fail to incite glances from my coworkers (they then ask me about it on friday nights after wondering all week as to what I was laughing at)
-the past few nights have been decently pleasant - there has been a nice breeze which vaguely reminds me of air conditioning
-fan + mosquito killer capsule = decent nights sleep in Mauritius

No comments: