Wednesday, December 10, 2008

W-E-D-N-E-S-D-A-Y (thats how "wednesday" is spelled)

Well it is officially the middle of the week again and it is both a good and a bad thing. It is excellent because Friday is just a few short days away but it is terrible because I am one day closer to having to pack my life away that I have established on this island in the middle of the Indian ocean.

It has been business as usual over the past day or so. It continues to be miserably hot and humid. On the work front, I am starting to figure out how I am going to organize everything in preparation for turning in my final product next Friday.

I got home from work yesterday to find Rosaline hanging out. I chatted with her as Audrey was visiting her parents (her Dad is very sick). We had a leisurely afternoon of hanging out by the pool.

Emmanuel came back from a long weekend in Reunion Island yesterday so we are once again a full house. We had a great dinner and went to bed at a semi - reasonable hour.

Some little things:
-I GOT A CAR TODAY!!!!! YESSSS!!!!!!! I am now mobile and free
-I lunched with Alex today and tried to explain the BCS system to him - of course he understand nothing and just concluded that Americans are complicated - I don't think he really grasped the concept that there is not an actual playoff system
-there are a flock of birds that fly over the house every night around 7:30 (Yes I realize that it would have been cooler had I said "Flock of Seaguls" but I must stick to some semblance of the truth)
-I love sega music - Audrey says I should buy a skirt before I leave and wear it for halloween next year - I told her I'd take a picture and send it to her
-Two songs that I have stuck in my head are "C'Est ma terre" by Christophe Mae and "Rayon de Soleil" by William Balde - they are quite catchy and the music videos are probably on youtube

More later...

No comments: