Monday, October 20, 2008

And the crazy american girl returns for week 8..

Well-after a crazy weekend I find myself back at the office on this Monday morning. It is amazing how things tend to come full circle...I am exhausted today as I could not fall asleep last night-it was hot and I kept tossing and turning until about 1 am-I get up at 6:30. So not fun to say the least.

Friday was a quiet day as Paul is still out of town. I went to lunch with Stephanie and Alex and had the most delicious club sandwich! Better than any that I have ever had at home for sure. I didn't have any meetings so I was just at the office all day. I went out for happy hour with Alex and some of the guys from work. Afterwards, Alex and I went up the north to go to banana cafe and meet up with some friends. We didn't stay late as I we didn't feel like going to zanzibar that night. So I drove home and went to bed.

I went to the beach with Audrey and some of her friends on Saturday morning-we stayed for a few hours before deciding that we were hungry and needed lunch. I had a quiet afternoon of reading my book and relaxing.

Audrey went to a friend's house for dinner so I was left to my own devices to heat something up in the microwave. I ate a quick dinner, during which we lost power momentarily, and got ready to go out.

I met up with Alex and some friends at a HUGE party in a town just south of me called casa noyale. They have it every year to celebrate the end of hunting season - yes mauritius has a version of the redneck, pickup truck and all - just no fish or enormous confederate flags for decor. There were 700 people there just for dinner but in order to eat you had to make a reservation. All of the young people went later. I ran into my boss and his wife briefly on their way out. There was a live band and we danced all night long. I was completely exhausted all day Sunday and did absolutely nothing - just went for chinese with audrey and her friend rosaline last night.

I miss you all and hope that you are doing well!! I LOVE email so please write to me!!

Some little things:
-I saw a rat run by in the office the other day - totally disgusting - i jumped on to my chair and screamed like a little girl
-I am trying to get the hang of french shorthand texting - the first time I saw it it took me about 10 minutes to figure out what it meant ("idk my bff Jill")
-the toilets flush with a swirl to the left - my friend corey wanted to know
-i love it when people compliment my french esp in front of Alex - the look on his face says its only a matter of time before you mess up - o well such is life
-i'm not looking forward to paying my cell phone ticket this week-$70 that I do NOT want to spend

More later...

No comments: