Friday, October 10, 2008

It's windy...

And another week of daily traffic battles comes to an end-week 6 to be exact. It's hard to believe that it has been that long-time flies by here!

It is so windy right now that all of the construction debris is flying every which way and it is howling like the wizard of oz-they actually call this type of wind here "anti-cyclone"-interesting.

Alain is leaving today so for the time being, it will just be Audrey and I at home-I suspect that it will be quiet but relaxing at the same time.

I'm not sure what my plans are for the weekend yet-I never know these things until late friday afternoon. Oh well...I suspect I will have some sort of adventure.

I sent my absentee ballot in yesterday-I had to pay postage because I was mailing it outside of the United States-bummer. Thankfully it only cost somewhere between 2 and 3 dollars.

Stephanie and I grabbed a quick lunch yesterday because she had a lot of work to get done and Alex was busy preparing for a presentation that he had yesterday.

Interesting story:
So I was trying to clean up my desk a little bit yesterday because there were entirely too many papers. Christine suggested I use the paper shredder for all of it. I got a little impatient and shoved too much paper in it. I was petrified that I had broken the shredder that the whole office uses-thankfully IT was able to fix it. I don't know how this place would run without IT...

Hope you all are doing well back home and the economy isn't in too much of a downward spiral!

Hopefully I will have something more interesting to report later....

No comments: