Friday, October 3, 2008

End of 5th Week!!!

What a day it has been already...

I woke up this morning at 5 am-this NEVER happens to me so I got ready and was at work by 630 am. I have a lot to do so I am glad that I was able to get here early! The gate to the parking lot was closed and I had to walk around to find the only unlocked door-ridiculous. So here I am ready to start the day...

I went to lunch yesterday with Alex and another one of my coworkers that I didn't know well-Gilbert. I'm starting to get to know more and more people really well-this tends to happen when you spend about half the week in one place!!

We had a uniquely mauritian meal for dinner last night-rice, beans, greens, a rougaille made with salted fish, and papaya for dessert! Absolutely delicious!!!

Some little things:
-There are towns here called Bel Air, Melrose, and Manhattan - I have been looking for the fresh prince but haven't found him (This is a story all about how my life got twist turned upside down-I'd like to take a minute just sit right there-I'll tell you the story of how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air...)
-it is surprisingly pleasant to drive to port louis when ther is no traffic
-had a discussion with alex yesterday about the bible belt and how crazy those people are

More later...

No comments: