Friday, October 17, 2008

And week 7 comes to an end....

It is VERY hard to believe that I have been here for almost 2 months! Time sure flies when you are having fun!! When I look back, I have really done a lot of interesting things and had the privilege to have met so many great people all with stories to tell. I am so glad that I am not writing to entertain thin air and their are other people interested in my temporary country!!

Stephanie came back to work yesterday! It is amazing how much you miss someone when you are used to seeing them everyday (don't worry-I think about all of you back home too and wonder what you are doing!!)...

Yesterday, Pamela and I headed of to Flic en Flac (cool name) for our meeting at the Taj Exotica resort. Luckily, it was not too far away because I pass the town twice a day during my commute to work. The man that we spoke with seemed to be somewhat occupied but filled out my survey just the same. It looks like I am going to have to amend my data collection method a little bit - Microsoft Excel is so frustrating...

Audrey didn't feel like making dinner (understandable as my mom has these moods too) so I offered to pick up some pizza. We had a quiet but entertaining dinner as we watched the dogs get in to trouble. A young french couple was supposed to stay for a week but they ended up leaving to go and stay somewhere else because they said that Tamarin wasn't exciting enough for them. Like I told Audrey, I can see where they are coming from to an extent. I am young, and if I do say so myself VERY social, and if I was to be in Mauritius only for a week I would want to stay where all the action is. Tamarin for me right now is absolutely perfect for me-it is quiet which is what I need during the week and on the weekends I find my night life in Grand Bay.

At this point-I have some tentative plans for the weekend..I will write about them on Monday!!

Some little things:
-there is a billboard for Toyota (I think) with a multiracial family-so cool!
-I saw the other side of the road version of my brother Taylor's car yesterday - it looked to be MUCH cleaner than his version
-from time to time - I still attempt driving on the right side of the road but luckily I quickly realize this before I get into an accident

More later...

No comments: