Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!

Well its halloween and just like any other day - no pumpkins, witches, candy, etc. Oh well

It's been quite a week as this weeks posts have stated.

Although, yesterday was quite an uneventful afternoon as I was here at the office until around 5 as usual.

It was Robert and Celia's last night at our house and while they are nice people, I desperately need to go back to my totally french existance - I have been getting lazy. I am sure that my coworkers will be glad to help me.

We had a traditional Mauritian dinner of shrimp and eggplant curry, lentils, and rice. It was delicious. We had mangos for dessert that came from a friend of Audrey's mango tree in her backyard. They were the first of the season so they were tiny and some not quite ripe - but the ones that were ripe were delicious!

This morning shortly after I woke up, the power went out. I was a bit stressed as I did not know if I was going to be able to blow dry my hair when I got out of the shower. Luckily, it came back on within a few minutes and I was able to get out the door at my normal time.

I'm going to a halloween party tomorrow night (a bit late I know) but I have heard that no one is wearing costumes - somewhat disappointing. But I am going with my friend Nathalie and her boyfriend. We have dinner first and then I think a live band later on - sounds similar to the evene that I was at a few weeks ago at Case Noyale (if you dont know what I am talking about just look through the october archive).

I will update this later to regale you with the adventures that I experience this weekend.

Some little things:
-Audrey's dogs go "hunting" in the sugarcane fields every morning - Audrey told me that one time they brought back a goat that they killed and feasted on it all day long
-i saw a motorcycle accident the other day - it happened to be right in front of a police station
-no one says "bless you" here when someone sneezes - if you sneeze, life goes on (I used to say it when ever I heard someone sneeze until Alex told me it wasn't necessary)
-at the grocery store yesterday a little boy said to his mother in french: "220 rupees!! Wow thats alot" (In reality this is about $10) - everybody in line laughed because it was cute

More later..

No comments: