Friday, November 21, 2008

Fab Friday

Before I get started - I will continue to update my "Cast of Character's" post as I meet people so you can refer to it if you ever need clarification on who someone is!

Yesterday was one of those "you really have no idea whats going to happen" days. On the surface it wasn't particularly eventful but for some reason my mind told me that a lot was happening (no I'm not crazy I have a point - just be patient - my little things at the bottom are more interesting).

I had lunch with Alex and spent the day in front of my computer. I chatted with people that walked by etc. I went home at my regular time, rested a little while, and then sat and chatted with Stuart while he at his dinner. I then heard a horn honk in the driveway and I thought that it might be one of Audrey's friends so I went outside to see.

Turns out it was my friend Jordana who decided to stop by randomly because her fiance Stevie lives in Tamarin! They invited me to come and have dinner with them at Stevie's house (he only lives 5 minutes or so away). His house is on the side of a mountain and he told me that when he parks his car in the driveway it rolls down if he doesnt put huge rocks behind the wheels. I met his family and we had a delicious dinner of Octopus curry. His little cousins were over as well because it is summer vacation here so they were in the pool all day long.

Jordana and Stevie are getting married in February and Stevie is in the process of adding an entire floor to his family's house. Right now it is just the foundation but we walked around and they pointed out where the bedroom was going to be, the living room, their future childrens' rooms (lol) etc. Below their house, there is a 3 bedroom condo that the family rents to tourists. I would stay there purely for the view - you can see all of Tamarin!

They took me back home at around 10:30 and I headed to bed.

Today has been a relaxing Friday here at work. I had lunch with both Alex and Stephanie today which was nice as we haven't had lunch with Stephanie in awhile! I'm about to head out in a little bit since Alex and I have our usual happy hour plans. I will post again monday with all of the trouble I will have caused this weekend!

Some little things:
-Bruno and I were chatting yesterday and he asked me about september 11 and whether New York was close to Florida. So I pulled up my trusty google earth and showed him on the map where Florida is and where NYC is. His response - "whoa thats far - does it take about 6 hours to fly there??" lol
-I took a short nap when I got home last night and Hugo randomly snuck into my room and poked me on the foot and screamed - i jumped about 3 feet in the air
-Stevie wants me to do his marketing for his family's condo because he wants to generate american interest

More later...

No comments: