Monday, November 24, 2008

Time flies..

Hi Everybody!

Hope you all had a good weekend! I had an interesting one myself. It is hard to believe that I will be headed home to the states in less than a month! I miss you all!

On Friday, after my day at the office, I went for happy hour with my usual group of coworkers. There were a few more of us than usual. I ran into the guy that wondered why I hadn't added him on facebook (I did afterwards) and he told me thanks lol. Of course I was with all guys who were wondering why I was talking to someone other than them haha. Oh well.

Afterwards, I went and met up with Jean-Christophe in the north to go to zanzibar (it had been awhile since I have been!). I of course knew about half of the place so it was a lot of fun - ran into Alex too! I spent the night at Jean-Christophe's and headed back shortly after lunch on Saturday afternoon.

Hugo and I went to the beach for a little while in the afternoon to get some sun and watch the wind and kite surfers down at the Le Morne. We came back and showered and got ready to go and have dinner at Kathryn's house (steak!). Afterwards, we all went out for a glass of wine at a new bar that just opened in Riviere Noire (Black River). It was a really cool place as it was all outside - there was a mix of tables, cabanas, a jacuzi, and a pool! We were all exhausted so we went home shortly after.

Sunday was an uneventful day as nothing remarkable happened - just went to the grocery store with Audrey and lazed around the house the rest of the day. Emmanuel's wife was in town so the two of the spent the weekend house hunting. She is leaving to go home to Reunion today.

Some little things:
-a random rumor that I heard as to the reason I came here was that my stepdad was close to Paris Hilton (??)
-on saturday morning - someone noted that all of us were sitting around not speaking and totally engrossed in our blackberries (they really are crackberries haha)
-my friend Rajnish was upset that he was not listed in my "cast of characters" post so i listed him
-I taught Hugo the lyrics to "Pump It" by the Black Eyed Peas yesterday

More later...

No comments: