Monday, November 17, 2008

FUNNY!!

Got your attention!

Well another weekend has passed and hear I am at the office on this monday morning. I am so happy that my gators had a good weekend! I can only imagine the look on Spurriers face as he lost to his alma mater by 50 points! I'm sure that it was a long bus ride home to South Carolina...

Anway - this weekend was quieter than usual. Alex and I went to happy hour on Friday night where I ran into my friend Deborah. She and I later decided that we were starving and took the water taxi (yes I said water taxi) across the canal to find something to eat for dinner. When we were finished I left and crossed the canal again to locate my parked car. I was home by 11:00 ish -early night.

I woke up around 9 on Saturday morning and went with Audrey to the grocery store. She of course knew half of the people there because everyone does their shopping on Saturday mornings. We came back and took a dip in the pool before going over to her sisters to hang out for awhile. We came back and had a mauritian lunch of rice, curried sardines, and vegetables. It was very good!

In the afternoon, Audrey, her sister Audille, and I took a short excursion to Albion which is about 25 mintues away. There is a woman who runs a store out of a house. She has all kinds of stuff from jewelry, to home goods, to fake designer handbags. I didn't end up buying anything because I wasn't much in the shopping mood but I suspect that I will head back at some point before I leave so I can do my favorite thing CHRISTMAS SHOPPING (I say that facetiously).

We went out for chinese again (yes we like chinese) with a large group - Audrey, Rosaline, Christiane, Kathryn, Hugo, and I. Yes - Hugo was the only man but he seemed to take it well. After dinner I went home to shower as I dragged Hugo along to go to Shotz in Flic en Flac to meet up with my american friend Kathryn. I apologized in advance for all the english that he was about to hear but he was a good sport and said he didn't mind. My only complaint is that he refused to dance - oh well not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

We got home in the wee hours of the morning and I had issues closing the front door. This was particularly frustrating as there is a chime that dings every time the door opens and closes. We finally got it to close and were thankful that we did not bother Audrey too much :)

I woke up at the crack of noon on Sunday and had my breakfast while Hugo was eating his lunch. It was a dreary day and there was no point in putting in any effort to go to the beach. I had a lazy sunday afternoon as I did some reading and swam in the pool.

It was a low key night last night as it Audrey, Hugo, and I had a quiet dinner and were all in bed relatively early. It was difficult to drag myself out of bed this morning but luckily I made it to the office in one piece!

This afternoon I have a meeting at a hotel called "Le Touessrok" which I have been to once before for dinner. Hopefully it goes well!

Some little things:
-some guy approached me on Friday during happy hour and wondered why I hadn't him on facebook - I responded with "and who are you?" - Alex about died laughing
-on saturday night there were 4 languages being spoken at once at the table at shotz - english, french, creole, and hindi - pretty cool
-to the anonymous person who posted a comment recently with a blog address for me to look at - it was a nice thought but in fact that is my friend Kathryn's blog :)

No comments: