Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Jeopardy Theme Song is in my head...

Yes - the thirty seconds of chimes is continues to run through my head as I stare at my laptop screen while deciding to what to write.

I finally decided on today's inspiration - I received an email from my grandfather this morning that described me as "gregarious." Ever since I first heard it while studying for the SAT's I have always loved the sound of it. I do like to think of myself who is constantly curious about what is going on and genuinely interested in other people and making friends.

This trait has certainly served me well here in Mauritius as if I had become a hermit who never left my bedroom, I would not have had the experiences that I have had. December 20th indeed will be a bittersweet day.

Sorry about the tangent - I'll get back to what I did yesterday. I spent the morning at the office and then after a quick lunch - Pamela and I drove the hour and a half or so to a beautiful hotel called "Le Touessrok." The purchasing director that I met with yesterday was in an extreme hurry and did not fill in any of the free response questions. The important thing is that I have another source of data and our sales department now has his contact information.

I arrived home relatively early last night (around 5:30) as I did not head back to the office after my meeting (It took about 2 hours for me to drive home!). I stopped at the store where I ran into Audrey as she was heading out the door. When we both got home, I helped her unload the groceries and decided to change into our swimsuits because it was a particularly hot day. We jumped in the pool for a few minutes to cool off.

For dinner last night it was only Audrey, Emmanuel, and I. Hugo was off playing badminton with his coworkers. He got home and by the time he was finished eating, all four of us decided to put our suits on and jump into the pool at 11 o'clock at night (I remember what a special treat it used to be to go night swimming!). None of us were in before midnight. The morning came fast today and I have been suffering all day long.

The only thing eventful so far that has happened is that Alex told me he is leaving the company (he has known for awhile but just made it public knowledge). Our last days are the same!

Some little things:
-I decided to dive into the pool last night to make a grand entrance and was told that I dive like an American - whatever that means
-Jean-Francois continues to taunt me daily about my diet coke drinking habits
-the closest bathrooms to the ATS floor of building now require a key that must be returned to the same place - i thought that the stalls were always in use
-I have been making lots of errors in french - I think its because Stuart and I speak english at home

More later...

1 comment:

Luxury Traveler said...

Have you visited Le Touessrok Mauritius? It's a great place.