Friday, November 14, 2008

I see through world through rose colored lenses...

Well yet another Friday is here and I couldn't be happier. The sky is blue and the birds are chirping. Unfortunately, the air conditioning chose not to work at the office today so we are all cramped together trying to not to overheat.

Anyway, I feel like a tshirt when I say that life continues to be good. I get to be around my crazy coworkers all day long and get to be around my crazy housemates at night - who wouldn't want a life like that??

I can't think of any events that were particularly remarkable yesterday - just that I continued to be alive and well. I spent the day like usual in front of my computer and felt myself getting older by the second - I think that my vision is starting to go as I constantly have to refocus my eyes on the computer screen. Hello lasik surgery 5 to 10 years from now....

A new role that I have assumed here at the office other than "the little american intern" is social director. Since its Friday - most likely I will gather the group together to go for happy hour after work today so we can gossip about the everyday and bask in one another's company.

The friday protocol is quite different from the other days of the week as I normally go home and shoot the breeze with Audrey - for example yesterday. We were the only one's having dinner last night so we decided to go for chinese like usual. Chinese food here is not only delicious but cheap to boot. After we ate our dinner with gusto, we went home to our beds calling our names.

It was quite difficult to drag my lazy self out of bed this morning and even longer to decide what to wear. So frustrating - being a young woman deciding what to wear is the most difficult yet most important decision that I make all day long. I try about 50% of the time to be a "reasonable person" (thank you law school - i hate you like satan but some of your teachings remain in my brain) and analyze the problem logically. Some questions I ask myself are as follows (if you care to know and haven't stopped reading by now)

1. Have I worn it recently?
2. Does it fit?
3. Does it make me look not fat?
4. Will it elicit favorable comments?
5. Is it too revealing for the office?
6. Will it be comfortable as I sit at my desk all day long?
7. Will I be sweating bullets by the end of the day should I decide to wear said outfit?

I'm sure that I can think of many more but I choose not to do so.

Before I get back to my important duties as ATS marketing intern - a special shoutout to my supportive friends and family back home! I miss you (not crying or anything pathetic like that) and I will be back in the US of A sooner than you think. I LOVE EMAIL SO SEND ME SOMETHING!!!!

More adventures later...

No comments: