Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Eve

Hi Everybody-

I certainly hope that you are having a relaxing Wednesday as Thanksgiving is tomorrow. I will be dreaming of Turkeys this evening even though I have to work tomorrow.

Anyway- nothing spectacular has happened in the last day or so. Things are a bit slow for me right now as it is hard to arrange meetings. So I have been helping to wrap christmas presents for our various clients in the textile, hotel, and automotive industries (when we are finished we will have wrapped more than 1000 gifts!!). It continues to be quiet otherwise around here.

Last night we had the usual crowd for dinner + Rosaline. Stuart the architect likes to eat earlier than the rest of us as he has been going back to work after he finishes dinner. I wasn't feeling that well yesterday so I wasn't chatting as much as I normally was. Emmanuel of course that it was because I was in love - no in fact I was exhausted and had a sore throat - not terribly exciting!

It has been a quiet Wednesday so far today as I grabbed a quick sandwich by myself as Alex had a business lunch. I suspect that I will head home in an hour or so.

Some little things:
-my friend jean-christophe calls Pork-eating muslims the "bacons"
-I am still harassed about my choice of afternoon beverage - I always stop and get a diet coke AND and large bottle of water. I was asked why I didn't drink juice - my answer: juice has more sugar than soda!
-Dominique says that I have integrated within Mauritiuan culture very well
-I am obcessed with a song by Christophe Mae that I keep hearing - I wish I could remember the title
-Sega music is also really fun to listen to
-I am happy but surprised - my work friends are committing early to coming to happy hour on friday - its only wednesday!
-my friend Carol continues to like it when I say her name the American way instead of the prettier french accented way - she laughs every time

More later...

No comments: