Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Long Days, Short Nights

Well- today is tuesday- yet another one that has decided to pop up. Although my Tuesdays are never particularly exciting, it just means that it is one step closer to Friday!

Yesterday was monday and particularly uneventful. I chatted with Pamela about getting more meetings but unfortunately all of the hotels are extremely busy right now as it is prime time to come to Mauritius - it is afterall summer. So Alex and I went for lunch at the Port Louis waterfront, this is normally our Friday tradition but since we couldn't go Friday we went on Monday. I like walking down there because it gives me a good bit of fresh air (or as much fresh air as one can get from the numerous busses that drive by).

It has been great coming home in the afternoons because the days are no longer so it doesn't get dark until around 8 o'clock. Daylight savings is particularly new to Mauritius as it is their very first time (Reunion Island, their next door neighbor, chose not to do daylight savings so they are 1 hour behind). There is talk however that they will switch back to the old time in January because it has been messing business up - the world wide recession is slowly coming but it will probably most be affected by a decline in tourism as people won't have the extra deposable income.

We had a low key dinner of pasta last night - a typical monday meal, no complaints. Emmaneul's wife had brought back a berry flavored liqueur which we all tasted afterwards - absolutely delicious! I am particularly tired today as I was in bed late last night due to prolonged gossip with Audrey and Emmanuel - but it was fun!

I woke up this morning with a bit of a sore throat (this happens some time when I do not get enough sleep as I woke up several times throughout the night) and made myself come to work anyway because I have never been a busy that takes sick days really - I hate to not feel productive - and if I had stayed at home and I wouldn't have gotten anything accomplished.

Nothing out of the ordinary has happened so far today. I grabbed take out and chatted with Jordana for awhile as I imagine that it can get lonely in the reception area. She is getting married in February and was telling me all about her plans. Who knows what the rest of the day will bring? I guess I'll have to let you know tomorrow!!

Some little things
-Emmanuel went to the doctor last week - he came back and said that his cholesterol was awful but at least he didn't have AIDS!! (thats a glass half full if ive ever seen one)
-Rajnish decided to fill my inbox with forwards yesterday
-made me feel good to get a phone call over the weekend from 4 people at once who all wanted to say hello!

More later...

No comments: