Thursday, November 6, 2008

La vie est belle!

Translated - the title of today's post means "Life is Beautiful" (no not in the Roberto Benini sense but in the Kallay Cutler sense)

What I mean is that it is very hard for me to believe that I will be living in just over a month! While I miss you all back home terribly, I have gotten used to and quite happy with my way of life here on the island. I will be sad to leave the wonderful friends that I have made here and my job- I have been learning so much!

Yesterday's events:
I left work with Stephanie yesterday afternoon to go to her parents' house for the cocktail party. I was a bit nervous at first as I did not know anyone and everyone was significantly older than me. Alex was supposed to come as well but he is having issues with his back and it is hard for hime to move (I just make fun of him and tell him that the reason is because he is getting old). I met some of Stephanie's friends from high school and some of her cousins. I had a great time!

I left at about 9:30 to go home so that in theory I could go home and get some sleep. I ended up staying awake to chat with Audrey, Hugo, Emmanuel (he is from Reunion), and Audrey's friend Rosaline. I didn't end up going to bed until about 11:30 and I am severely paying for it today - I have the world's biggest headache.

Some little things:
-I saw a guy riding his bike in full denim - jeans AND a jean jacket - gross
-saw a woman hit her boyfriend over the head with her purse during a fight they were having on the side of the road - I wonder if she filled it with bricks beforehand
-thanks to Hugo I know the french words for Orion's belt, the big dipper, and the little dipper
-everyone really knows everyone here - in chatting with one of stephanie's cousins, she told me that she saw me back at case noyale during the hunting season party and saw me say hello to my friend Jean-Paul. She asked me whether or not he and his girlfriend were still together - I have no idea

More later...

No comments: