Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hump Day 9/24

Well its hump day-middle of the week.

Still have lots to do before the week is over-eeeekkkk!!!

Yesterday was pretty uneventful. I stayed till almost 6 o'clock here at the office trying my best to further edit these surveys. I have to test them some more today to make sure they are clear. The minute that I think they are excellent and easy to read-there is something else wrong-very frustrating.

I went to lunch with Stephanie and her dad Dominique (the CEO) yesterday. I had a local dish involving shrimp in a crepe-like wrap. I was afraid at first but it turned out to be quite good. We had a traditional Mauritian meal last night for dinner-rice with rougaille (any sort of sauce that is tomato based-this one happened to be with beef) and beans. It was delicious!

I was in bed at around 10ish as usual.

Some little things:
-I have heard that my accent when I speak french is cute-I think it sounds awful-beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder
-I am constantly getting honked at when crossing an intersection when there are cars coming and absolutely nowhere for me to go-ridiculous
-all this construction work here at the office is starting to take shape and not look like such a big mess that is hard to walk around
-Port Louis is a sad excuse for a city-no good shopping, no out of this world places to eat, and no places known for excellent nightlife
-Mauritians like to insert english words in their conversations-for example at the end of every phone call they say "allez bye."
-my doors don't lock automatically when I start to drive-I have to make sure they are locked especially when I am stuck in traffic with lots of people around-i don't trust some of these people

More later...

No comments: