Saturday, September 27, 2008

Saturday...

This is a rare occasion that I'm posting on Saturday I know...

I'm sitting here at the pub near the internet cafe enjoying the sun and a diet coke before I go to the beach!

I finished the day at work yesterday and went home to shower so that I could join Nathalie and boyfriend Joel so that we could go to her brother Yannick's apartment in Curepipe. It was a low key evening of conversation and friends.

Some little things:
-As everyone last night has roots in south africa-many prefer to speak english-I said that "when I was in college, I went on a cruise with some of my girlfriends and we went on a catamaran"-this made everyone laugh as they found it uniquely american
-I called my friend lara so that they could hear a conversation between 2 americans-they thought it was so funny the way that we talked to one another and when we started speaking french they were very impressed
-I have been watching animal planet here on the tv at the pub-hilarious
-there is a sign at the bar that says" beerandb***s***corner"

I'm going to a concert tonight for Ian Carey-he is an american but not know yet on the american scene but very famous here in Mauritius. Should be fun!!

More on Monday...

No comments: