Friday, September 12, 2008

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!!! I have been in Mauritius now for exactly 2 weeks and so far, I am happy to be here. I still like my job and have met some great people!

Some little things:
-I think I know where Osama Bin Laden is hiding-he chose to go where no one would find him- MAURITIUS! Also, he is fond of driving on the left hand side of the road and is excellent with the stick shift (Yes I saw him right near my office yesterday)
-It is hilarious to hear a french person try to mimic an american southern accent
-I have begun to burn my music onto blank CD's-much better than the radio where it might take an hour for me to hear 2 songs
-At the end of everyday-I find particles in my hair from all the construction going on here at the office
-In trying to ask Nicolas' grand parents how many grand children they had- I said "big" children which I thought to mean adults and it took Audrey to tell me the right word (petits enfants)

I thought I'd share a great joke that my friend Alissa reminded me of that I have heard once before:
What do you call a person who speaks 3 languages? Trilingual
What do you call a person who speaks 2 languages? Bilingual
What do you call a person who speaks 1 language? American

This is sad but true.....but funny!

I did alot of work yesterday in trying to finalize the two questionnaires that I have been working on. Hopefully my boss will approve them today! I went to lunch like usual with Alex and Stephanie and explained my difficulties with Mauritian coins (I haven't quite gotten used to them yet).

It continues to be difficult to leave to go home at night as I am ALWAYS blocked in and have to wait for someone to move their car.

I'm going to my friend Nathalie's birthday party tonight and on a catamaran tomorrow for the whole day to hang out and look for dolphins!

More on Monday....

No comments: