Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thursday...

Well its Thursday and the weeks seem to be going by faster and faster.....so much closer to the weekend!

Some little things:
-There are two lizards that come and watch us eat dinner every night-without fail
-Every morning, one of the dogs in the neighborhood bark a call to battle and all of the other dogs run to see what is happening-can be difficult when trying to navigate dirt roads in the morning when trying to leave for work
-I always have the last glass of wine out of the bottle-this mandates that I take the bottle and blow into it to make a wish
-Many of the Indian women always carry an umbrella when its sunny-I found this bizarre until somebody told me that it is because they tan so easily and the umbrella relieves some of this-I would give anything to have that problem
-the faux-hawk is very a la mode among mauritian teenage boys and guys in their 20's
-Christine (Paul's secretary) told me that I was chic
-Many mauritians have no interest whatsoever in going to the United States-they would rather go to Canada because it is much easier to get a visa (our Homeland Security at work)
-I had an intense conversation about reality tv with Audrey's friend Kathryn-her favorite show is "Date My Mom" and other mindless shows on MTV
-Hearing Alex talk to himself in French all day long next to me is comic relief
-there is no HR department here-strange

Today is another day-I suspect I will do more and more revisions on this survey. Tonight is Nicolas and his mom's last night here-I think we will be making a small excursion to the local pub.

More later...

No comments: