Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I am 24

Well-today is my birthday and it is not exciting-I am at work. I guess I'm getting old!

A few things out of the ordinary (at least for me):
-stopped at the grocery store on the way home yesterday and saw a man with one leg pee against a wall near the grocery store. When I got out of the car, he promptly asked me for me money which I responded by getting in the car and driving to the grocery store closer to home
-a lot of the women that work in my office wear the same outfit everyday-it is a navy suit with short sleaves with a green blouse underneath. I wonder if its some kind of uniform they have to wear-no one said anything about a uniform to me-oh well (If it is in fact a uniform that they have to wear, it seems kind of sexist to make women wear one whereas the men can wear whatever they want)
-gas stations don't take credit cards and as there is no ATM on my way to work I was unable to get cash-my tank is on E
-i dont think that a single paper towel exists here

I made alot of progress at work yesterday-I was able to get most of my survey questions finalized so now I am in the process of figuring out how I will determine my sample size. I will let you know how it goes if you are interested.

Went to lunch with Alex and Stephanie yesterday and the place where we were eating did not have what I wanted-I spontaneously said a word in french that loosely means "darn!"

Audrey and I went to her friend Kathryn's house last night for her daughter's 21st birthday. They wanted me to come so that I could have a celebration too. We had shrimp, rice, salad, and some sort of pineapple upside down cake which was excellent.

More later..

No comments: